There are so many reasons to quit smoking, and none of them are bad reasons.
Here are our top five:
5. Look and smell better. Say goodbye to stained teeth, deep wrinkles, and tar breath.
4. Breathe easier. Quitting smoking as soon as possible can improve your lung function and give you more energy.
3. Save a bunch of money. Smoking cigarettes is expensive! Depending on where you live, it can cost an average of $2,321 a year. Try this calculator to find out exactly how much you save when you quit smoking.
2. Set a healthy example. Make your children or grandchildren proud and show them that they can reach any goal they set their minds to.
1. Live a longer life. You’ve heard it before, but you can save around 12 years of your life (or more!) by quitting smoking. Think of all the things you want to see in your lifetime and let that motivate you to quit smoking for good.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau